Sunday, April 8, 2007

Isaiah 53

Behold the man upon the cross
My sin is what nailed Him there
Out of love He gave His life for me
He was crushed for my transgressions

Dear God, I've turned so far away
The wider path I've chosen
But yet I come because I know
You can fix what has been broken

I like a sheep have gone astray
I've turned the wrong direction
But by the blood in Jesus' name
There is power in resurrection

I have nothing to bring to You
My heart is filled with sorrow
But I hear the voice of Jesus say:
'It is freedom that I offer'

I see the nail wounds in your hands;
Thy crown of thorns
Thy injuries
But whole in Jesus I will stand
For You've put to death my suffering

In every problem I should face,
In every tribulation
The truth of Christ I'll cling onto;
I will never be forsaken

My Jesus gave Himself for me
He shed His own blood willingly
The least of things, this I can do
Leave everything to follow Thee.

No comments: